A little bit about myself...

This was my Facebook status today. I thought I'd share it here since I don't often blog about personal things...

In the initiation of my entrepreneurial ventures, well-meaning people have advised me to wait and go to college and get a business degree first. But I was already keenly aware that every mega successful person I look up to chose to walk away from college and educate themselves in their own unique way. I'm not against formal education, I'm just very much in favor of self-education. If I had gone to college, I'd be trying to "do something with my degree." When I look at what I do now, there's no degree for it. It's just the result of street smarts and hard knocks with a dash of Michelle Rohr sprinkled all over it. College was a rock in my path (in my case). So I walked around it and started designing my life and career from scratch. And I've found so many other young people who are begging for permission to do the same. P.S. Don't apply this to you if it doesn't apply to you. ‪#‎youngandfree‬

3 comments:

  1. I love your approach and I made the same decision a few years back. It's hard to stand out from the crowd and decide to do things differently from others but those who do, are usually very happy in the long run.

    All the best to you and I am sure that whatever path you decide to take, you will be incredibly successful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Nikki. :)

    "In the long run" - that's such a key perspective.

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips
Real Time Analytics