OWL Principle #2:
"Your greatest life lies on the other side of your fears.
You have to run toward what frightens you."
We reviewed "The Five Truths about Fear":
FEAR TRUTH #1
The fear will never go away as long as you continue to grow!
Every time you take a step into the unknown, you experience fear. There is no point in
saying, "When I am no longer afraid, then I will do it." You'll be waiting for a long time. The fear
is part of the package.
FEAR TRUTH #2
The only way to get rid of the fear of doing something is to go out and…do it!
When you do it often enough, you will no longer be afraid in that particular situation. You will
have faced the unknown and you will have handled it. Then new challenges await you, which
certainly add to the excitement in living.
FEAR TRUTH #3
The only way to feel better about yourself is to go out and…do it!
With each little step you take into unknown territory, a pattern of strength develops. You begin
feeling stronger and stronger and stronger.
FEAR TRUTH #4
Not only are you afraid when facing the unknown, so is everyone else!
This should be a relief. You are not the only one out there feeling fear. Everyone feels fear when
taking a step into the unknown. Yes, all those people who have succeeded in doing what they
have wanted to do in life have felt the fear - and did it anyway. So can you!
FEAR TRUTH #5
Pushing through fear is less frightening than living with the bigger underlying fear that comes
from a feeling of helplessness!
This is the one truth that some people have difficulty understanding. When you push through
the fear, you will feel such a sense of relief as you feeling of helplessness subsides. You will
wonder why you did not take action sooner. You will become more and more aware that you can
truly handle anything that life hands you.
Podcast #7: Run to Fear
Podcast #22: You are Caught by what You Resist
Notes from listening to podcasts:
- What we'll regret the most on our death bed are the things we didn't do.
- Always run toward what you fear.
- Acknowledge your fears; befriend your fears.
- Name your fears (write them down) to develop awareness of them.
- Your fears are governing you and limiting you.
- You are caught by what you are running from.
- What you resist persists.
- Take responsibility. Show up at your best.
- Own your fears; climb your limitations.
- To see new things in your life, you need to take new actions.
- Speak your truth.
- When you change, your world begins to change.
- Awareness -> Choices -> Results -> Lifestyle
1. What are you afraid of?
2. What are you resisting?